We are currently looking for experienced and accomplished chemists with synthetic organic chemistry applied to lipids and polymers. The key responsibilities will involve participating in the routine synthesis, purification and characterization of small polymers from grams to kilograms scale. Successful candidates will be motivated, creative, hands-on laboratory scientists with the ability to interact effectively with team members. An appreciation for and experience in working in a fast-paced GLP environment is a must and familiarity with LC, GC, FTIR and UV instrumentation is a plus. Position title will be based upon relevant education and experience.
A MS/BS or PhD in synthetic or medicinal chemistry, with 2+ years of experience, preferably in an industrial or CRO setting.
- Proven track record of successful scientific accomplishments, exemplified by conference presentations and/or peer-reviewed publications.
- Ability to maintain and use modern chemical instrumentation (LCMS, UPLC, GC etc).
- Ability to interpret LCMS and NMR spectra.
- Ability to work independently and under minimal supervision
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge and training in GLP/GXP
These positions require a fair amount of moving and lifting; a chemist must be fit and healthy for the sum.
Please send your resume along with a cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls will be accepted; local candidates only. LSI is an equal opportunity employer (EOE), M/F/D/V.